Friday, May 20, 2011

Lainie


Our precious friend at church, Elaine...aka "Lainie" to my boys, made us something after our miscarriage and I wanted to share about it. Lainie makes baby quilts as a gift for all the new babies at our church. It's a tradition that all the new moms have come to expect and look forward to with anticipation. Each quilt is always signed by Lainie and sewn with love. After our miscarriage, Elaine made me this. She had members of our church family sign it so that I could see it as a reminder that people were praying for us and loved us.






Elaine is a woman who has endured much heartache in her life, yet any time you see her, she gives you a hug and a smile, and when you ask her how she is...her answer is, "I'm blessed." Every time...that's her answer. She has a wisdom and grace about her that draws you in and it's impossible to not feel at home when you're with her. When she prays out loud, it makes me cry. Her voice is comforting and sincere and intentional. She is a prayer warrior and biblical giant and she has a heart for the Lord like no one I've ever known. She loves purple, which is fitting since it's the color of royalty. She is strong and healthy and up until a couple of years ago when the kids would run up to her, she would pick them up! We've adopted Lainie as our grandmother. When I think of her, I think of how, "I'm blessed" to have her as a part of my life. We love you Lainie.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed, her husband also praises her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but you excel them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 31:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment