"What's for dinner?"
1) Maybe it could be because I get asked this question at 7:30 in the morning.
2) Maybe it's because I'm asked this question at least three times a day.
3) Possibly, it annoys me because I don't want to be responsible for the dinner decision... Every. Single. Night.
4) Or...because I'm tired of someone ALWAYS complaining that they don't like that particular meal. I mean, I can't please five people all the time.
5) Perhaps, it's because I would have to first make a meal plan, and a trip to the grocery store, then unload and put away all the groceries, then cook dinner, then unload the dishwasher, so I could reload the dirty dinner dishes, and clean up the counters...the stove top...the table...the highchair...and sweep the floor.
6) It might be that you are sitting on your rear with a remote in your hand when you ask the question.
7) It could be that I've had a long, exhausting, stress-filled day, and I can't possibly do one more thing.
8) Sometimes it grates my nerves that I have prepared 3 meals a day for the last 9 days and you just assume that I'll be doing the next one as well.
9) It's almost certainly because I can't think of one more stinking way to cook chicken.
Or, maybe...just maybe...I don't want to.