Monday, October 26, 2009

"E" is for Elmo







So, I woke up at 6:45 this morning to the sounds of Cole screaming, "EEEEEEEEE!", over and over and over again. Cole has been learning his letters...well, let me be totally honest. Cole learned ONE letter-E. He loves Elmo and he learned that Elmo starts with "E". So, now whenever he sees an "E", he says "E, moe-mmy!" He calls me "Moe-mmy" now. I don't know how else to spell it. It used to be "Meme", which I really thought was extra cute, but I guess he got tired of that and now it's on to "Moe-mmy."
Anyway, fast forward the morning, Cole and I took Jackson to school and headed to Target. I had to pick up a few things. In the middle of my shopping, what does Cole spot, but a pair of Elmo houseshoes. Anybody who knows me well, knows that I absolutely will not dress my kids in character clothes. I think they're cheesey. However, when Jackson was two, he was also enamored with Elmo and I gave in and bought him an Elmo t-shirt to wear to Sesame Street Live. Over the years, I have slowly let my children have a couple of character clothing items but usually they can only wear them to bed, unless I'm too tired and I don't want to put up a fight.
So, Cole saw these houseshoes and the twinkle in his eye couldn't keep me from buying them. I wish I could've taken a picture of his face...he was so in love. When we got home from Target, he immediately wanted to put them on and watch...Elmo, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment