Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tball Trophy




I'm really behind on my blogging, but I had to be sure to post this. Jackson's tball team received a trophy for 3rd place this season. This is REALLY good, considering this team didn't stand a chance at the first few games. I'm so proud of him. It was so awesome to see how Jackson improved. I'm ashamed to say this, but at the first of the season, I had told someone how I didn't know that Jackson was going to be "the baseball player his dad was." I really regret saying this now. Not only because it doesn't matter if he's like his dad or not, but also because I doubted that he may not measure up. Well...I was wrong. Jackson was deemed the nickname, "Jackson, 'The Locomotive' Elliott", by his coaches. Even if he doesn't play ball through college, like Jon...or even high school; if this is the only year he ever plays, I couldn't be more proud. He was challenged and he persevered.
I remember when I was pregnant with Jack. Jon and I went for our 18 week ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. When they told me it was a boy, for a minute, I was a little disappointed in it not being a girl. Jon said to me, "Steph, you're going to love having a boy, I promise you. You just wait til he brings you your first flower he ever picks, wait til he says he wants to marry his mommy, wait til he plays tball. I promise, you're going to love it."
Looking back, I can't imagine how I was ever disappointed. Jon was right. When he picked a flower and brought it to me the first time...I was so proud. When he said that he wanted to marry his mommy...I was so proud. And when I watched him play tball...I WAS SO PROUD. I didn't think I could love someone as much as I love you Jack. And, no matter what you decide to be in life....I will be SO PROUD...because, you're mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment